I’m thankful for all the different ways I can eat potatoes
Women in Ancient Egypt
- Women and men in ancient Egypt enjoyed the same legal and economic rights. Women could divorce their husbands and remarry.
- Women and men were also subject to the same punishments.
- Women worked many of the same jobs men did, most in the fields. Life was tough, though women did live longer than men (58, 54)
- Women could hold political office, with several examples of female pharaohs available. There were at least 5, not including the Cleopatras and other Greek rulers.
- Women could also hold lower political office, with many being scribes.
- Women who were on their periods were considered to be removing impurities. They were excused from work and forbidden from some religious areas.
- It is worth noting that when Egypt was conquered by Greece, Egyptian women retained many more rights than their Greek counterparts.
YES I HAVE A BOOK THAT EXPLAINS ALL OF THIS
“oh yeah, i ship it blackrom” i say about a ship in a series that isn’t homestuck
Whenever I’m sad, Snoop Dogg’s Instagram keeps me going.
RIP to the thousands of turkeys being slaughtered in the name of “giving thanks” and “peace on earth”.
And RIP to all the Native Americans who are completely forgotten/have their genocide glamorized and covered up by this holiday
Anonymous asked you:
Kanaya karkat bloodswap
I wanted to swap their clothes too because why not
once my ex pissed me off so when he was about to cum i pointed his dick at his face and he came in his eye and i don’t even feel sorry because he was such an asshole and i would do it all over again